[openstack-dev] [nova] Austin summit priorities session recap

Bias, Randy Randy.Bias at emc.com
Thu Jun 9 00:19:26 UTC 2016

I just want to point out that this appears to imply that open source
storage backends for OpenStack would be prioritized over closed-source
ones and I think that runs counter to the general inclusivity in the
community.  I assume it¹s just a turn of phrase, but I suspect it could be
easily misinterpreted to mean that open source storage projects (external
to OpenStack) could be prioritized over open source ones, creating a very
uneven playing field, which would potentially be very bad from a
perception point of view.

Thanks,

--Randy

VP, Technology, EMC Corporation