[openstack-dev] [Neutron] neutron-lib and dependencies in neutron reference implementation

Henry Gessau HenryG at gessau.net
Wed Jun 8 20:35:23 UTC 2016

One of the goals of neutron-lib is to reduce the chances of a code change in
neutron core breaking other repos. We want to get to a point where no repo
imports anything from neutron core.

So if there is some value shared between neutron core and one or more other
repos, then the value should go in neutron-lib.

Your question seems to be around "neutron reference implementation", but I
don't think that is relevant to what goes into neutron-lib.

You could argue that the values in neutron_lib/constants.py are big mix of
unrelated items, and that we may want to divide them up into separate
<foo>_constants.py modules. But then I could argue that would proliferate the
number of imports required for many repos.