[openstack-dev] [nova] Update on resource providers work

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jun 8 19:31:01 UTC 2016

On 6/6/2016 7:26 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:
> Once the InventoryList and AllocationList objects are merged, then we
> will focus on reviews of the placement REST API patches [3]. Again, we
> are planning on having the nova-compute resource tracker call these REST
> API calls directly (while continuing to use the Nova ComputeNode object
> for saving legacy inventory information). Clearly, before the resource
> tracker can call this placement REST API, we need the placement REST API
> service to be created and a client for it added to OSC. Once this client
> exists, we can add code to the resource tracker which uses it.

Wait, we're going to require python-openstackclient in Nova to call the
placement REST API? That seems bad given the dependencies that OSC pulls
in. Why not just create the REST API wrapper that we need within Nova
and then split that out later to whichever client it's going to live in?

Matt Riedemann