[openstack-dev] [Kuryr] [Neutron] Waiting until Neutron Port is Active

Salvatore Orlando salv.orlando at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 17:02:46 UTC 2016

Neutron has the ability already of sending an event as a REST call to
notify a third party that a port became active [1]
This is used by Nova to hold on booting instances until network has been
wired.
Perhaps kuryr could leverage this without having to tap into the AMQP bus,
as that would be implementation-specific - since there would be an
assumption about having a plugin that communicates with the reference impl
l2 agent.

Salvatore

[1]
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/neutron/tree/neutron/notifiers/nova.py