[openstack-dev] [TripleO] OpenStack Virtual Baremetal on an Unmodified Cloud

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Tue Jun 7 18:57:19 UTC 2016

Up until recently, one of the issues with OVB was that it required
changes to the host cloud that were not production-ready.  With much
help from Steve Baker, I've recently been able to do OVB deployments in
a completely unmodified cloud.  I had talked to a few people at last
summit who were interested in being able to do this, so here's the demo
that I promised all of you:

https://youtu.be/30tEfP1-aTg

Blog post with a little more information:
http://blog.nemebean.com/content/video-ovb-running-against-stock-openstack-cloud

Next up is finding a public cloud that exposes all the necessary
OpenStack features so that this can be done without any special
infrastructure at all.  Ideally I would love to get support for this
into our infra providers because I believe there are multiple projects
that would benefit from it.  I'm guessing that's still a ways off though.

-Ben