[openstack-dev] [release] [infra] Conflict between publishing jobs

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Jun 3 16:57:18 UTC 2016

On 06/02/2016 03:38 PM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While importing Panko¹ into OpenStack, Andreas informed me that the jobs
> "openstack-server-release-jobs" and "publish-to-pypi" were incompatible
> and that the release team would know that. We actually want to publish
> Panko as an OpenStack server and also to PyPI.
>
> We already have both these jobs for Gnocchi without any problem.
>
> Could the infra team enlighten us about the possible issue here?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ¹  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/318677/

The issue is that the infra jobs are setup with the assumption that a
server project does not publish to pypi.

Both templates contain the same jobs and thus announcements might be
send twice.

So, if you want to publish to PyPI, remove the server-release-jobs
template...

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)