[openstack-dev] [nova] We are now past the non-priority spec approval deadline

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jun 3 16:16:26 UTC 2016

Yesterday was the non-priority spec approval deadline per the nova
release schedule [1].

We have 80 approved blueprints for Newton so far [2]. In my opinion
we're already way over-committed for the release, but we'll get done
what we can. The upside to getting your spec approved in Newton is even
if the code doesn't make this release, we've hashed out the spec so
re-approval for Ocata should be easier.

For those non-priority specs which were not approved already, the Ocata
specs directory is already available [3]. If you plan on continuing to
push your spec for the Ocata release, update the change and move the
spec from the specs/newton/approved/ directory to the
specs/ocata/approved directory.

Note, however, that the nova-specs core team will not be actively
reviewing specs for Ocata.

Any specs that aren't moved in the next week or two will be subject to
being abandoned.

For specs that are related to priorities for Newton [4], those should be
brought to the attention of the nova-specs core team [5] in IRC or via
the nova meeting since we won't be spending review time in that repo for
new things.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Newton_Release_Schedule
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/newton
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/324397/