[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] [Infra][tricircle] patch not able to be merged

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jun 3 14:04:09 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-03 03:45:31 +0000 (+0000), joehuang wrote:
> There is one quite strange issue in Tricircle stable/mitaka branch
> (https://github.com/openstack/tricircle/tree/stable/mitaka) . Even
> the patch ( https://review.openstack.org/#/c/324209/ ) were given
> Code-Review +2 and Workflow +1, the gating job not started, and
> the patch was not merged.
>
> This also happen even we cherry pick a patch from the master
> branch to the stable/mitaka branch, for example,
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/307627/.
>
> Is there configuration missing for the stable branch after
> tagging, or some issue in infra?

For some reason, (based on my reading of debugging logs) when Zuul
queried Gerrit for open changes needed by that one it decided
https://review.openstack.org/306278 was required to merge first but
thought it wasn't merged. Then it attempted to enqueue it but
couldn't because it was actually already merged a couple months ago.
I manually instructed Zuul to try and requeue 324209 and that seems
to have worked.
--
Jeremy Stanley