[openstack-dev] [octavia] enabling new topologies

Sergey Guenender GUENEN at il.ibm.com
Thu Jun 2 23:00:36 UTC 2016

Stephen, Michael, thank you for having a look.

I'll respond to every issue you mentioned when I get to work on Sunday.

Until then, in case you don't mind inspecting a small diff, just to
clarify my point, please have a look at a rather straightforward change,
which
1. exemplifies pretty much all I'm currently proposing (just splitting
amphorae into semantic sub-clusters to facilitate code-reuse)
2. I'm hoping should provide everything needed (and thus frictionless
review) for the virtual non-shared distributor of active active topology
3. is quite transparent for other topologies, including future
active-active shared, hardware, what-have-you, just because it's fully
compliant with existing code

https://github.com/sgserg/octavia/commit/030e786ce4966bbf24e73c00364f167596aef004

Needless to say, I wouldn't expect anything like this to be merged until
we see an end-to-end working (virtual-private-d'tor) AA N+1 create-lb
proof of concept (not destroying existing topologies).

I'm not married to this idea, it's just something I came up with having
spent a few weeks in front of the code, trying to imagine how the simplest
active-active use-case would go around performing the same tasks (vrrp,
vip plugging, etc.).

-Sergey.