[openstack-dev] [Manila] v1 API and nova-net support removal in newton

Ben Swartzlander ben at swartzlander.org
Thu Jun 2 21:14:28 UTC 2016

We have made the decision to remove the v1 API from Manila in Newton (it
was deprecated in Mitaka). Only v2.0+ will be supported. For those that
don't know, v2.0 is exactly the same as v1 but it has microversion
support. You need a client library from Liberty or Mitaka to get
microversion support, but scripts should work exactly the same and
software that imports the library should work find with the new library.

We also made the decision to drop the nova-net plugin from Manila
because nova-net has been deprecated since before we added it. This
won't affect anyone unless they're using one of the few drivers that
support shares servers (not including the Generic driver) AND they're
still using nova-net instead of neutron. The recommended workaround for
those users is to switch to neutron.

-Ben Swartzlander