[openstack-dev] [Murano] Does Murano support version management?

Stan Lagun slagun at mirantis.com
Wed Jun 1 17:29:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

Murano does have partial support for version management. Murano
(deployment) engine can work with several versions of the same package. You
can even have them in single environment. I order to store several such
packages you must use Glare backend rather than old API backend and must
use recent Murano version. But there is no support in UI yet. So if you
plan to use CLI or API for automation then it is doable. However if you
want to choose package version in the dashboard then we are not there yet.

Also note that the package version is for the Murano application, not for
the software that this app installs. So if you want to let user choose what
version of the software to install this can be either one of application's
inputs or there can be several independent Murano apps (one per version +
library package to put common code there)

See [1] and [2] for more information.

[1]:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/murano/draft/appdev-guide/murano_pl.html#versioning
[2]: