[openstack-dev] [infra] Switch 'all?' openstack bots to errbot plugins?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jul 29 12:22:40 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-28 23:17:52 -0700 (-0700), Morgan Fainberg wrote:
> As I recall this has been on a long list of "we want to do it". It
> really just comes down to someone putting effort into making it
> happen.

Yes, it's come up semi-often (also Joshua mentioned this to me over
IRC earlier in the week where I basically told him the same).
There's been a general consensus that the Infra team would love to
see the IRC bots it manages (gerribot, meetbot, statusbot) rewritten
in a common framework, preferably a modern and extensible one. The
last time anyone looked into options (which admittedly was probably
at least a year ago), errbot seemed like the leading contender for
our desired language and featureset.

To echo Morgan, we just need (and would really appreciate!) someone
working on the implementation.
--
Jeremy Stanley