[openstack-dev] [ptl][requirements] nomination period started

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jul 27 22:06:43 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-27 17:56:39 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
[...]
> However, we may have some folks on the core team who have not
> contributed a patch, since it is far more common to do reviews than
> to submit changes there (more and more of the changes are being
> automated). So, we probably need to expand the traditional definition
> to also include the existing core review team (members of
> requirements-core [1]), just to be safe.
[...]

Easy enough to do for a one-off, but might want to consider
officially adding them as extra-ATCs in governance down the road to
make that more explicit. Our existing tooling is already adapted to
that solution as well (for example, the current i18n voters are
_all_ recorded as extra-ATCs because we haven't implemented API
calls to Zanata for integrating it into the normal roll generation
process yet).

However, implicitly adding core reviewers seems a little weird as
they're officially appointed by the PTL and so allowing the
incumbent PTL to appoint (or remove) specific voters before their
pending reelection... well anyway, I guess it's balanced out by
there being a lot more committers to that repo than core reviewers
on it.
--
Jeremy Stanley