[openstack-dev] [devstack] libvirt/qemu source install plugin.

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jul 27 07:42:47 UTC 2016

On 26.07.2016 17:45, Michele Paolino wrote:
> I see. In any case, I am open to discuss further contributions and
> improvement to the plugin. Let me know!
>
> In case this can be useful for you, in the early implementations of the
> current devstack plugin (i.e., Patch set 1)[1], it was able to download
> and install libvirt and qemu from git repositories. The community then
> suggested to go for the tar releases, and that's where the current
> implementation comes from.
>
> [1]https://review.openstack.org/#/c/108714/1
>
> Regards,

If I understand your devstack plugin correctly, the build of the *.deb
is part of the installation process. I assume this takes some time. If
this is used in a gate test job, it will be done over and over again.
That's why the "apr" plugin [1] was build with the assumption that the
*.deb is pre-build and stored at a location reachable within a gate test
job. The PoC used the Ubuntu Cloud Archives to drill through things.

I have to finish other items before mid/end of August. After that I'd
like to have some kind of short coding-sprint/meeting with you (and
other interested people) to get things up and running. Combining forces
and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGegECwSiGY