[openstack-dev] [neutron][networking-l2gw] Python 3 support

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 22:46:10 UTC 2016

On 25 July 2016 at 04:13, Gary Kotton <gkotton at vmware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This morning I discovered that the project does not have python 3 support.
> This was due to the fact that it broke the vmware-nsx unit tests.
>
> I have started to kick the wheels with the python 3 support:
>
> 1.       Project infra - https://review.openstack.org/346701 (currently
> non-voting)
>
> 2.       L2 gw:
>
> a.       https://review.openstack.org/#/c/346638/ - this is currently
> blocking all decomposed plugins invoking l2-gw unit tests
>
> b.       https://review.openstack.org/#/c/346658/
>
> c.       https://review.openstack.org/#/c/346697/
>
> If anyone else would like to jump in and help then please let me know.
> Hopefully we can get this done in a couple of days.

Thanks for doing this. Another parallel effort Henry et al. are
spearheading is elevating the bar as far as DB migrations and functional
testing go, in preparation of effort [1] and consolidation effort [2].

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/neutron-stadium-tenant2project
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/335739/

A luta continua