[openstack-dev] [horizon][vitrage] Midcycle Summary

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Tue Jul 26 14:09:13 UTC 2016

this is probably a continuation from the design summit back in Japan[1]. basically, it's a very common use case that people want to visualise ceilometer(system) data. the issue is that the existing dashboard in horizon  (Resource Usage tab) is unusable both because it is just a data dump of ceilometer data and because it's not possible to data dump effectively using ceilometer's legacy storage.

iirc, we wanted something that was more responsive and dynamic (see: sparklines). in Gnocchi, we have support for graphana which can satisfy these requirements. the CloudKitty team also showed a great demo of visualising ceilometer data (in Gnocchi)[2] which is probably more inline with what users would want.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-telemetry-ui

[2] https://youtu.be/-K8NI38LPtU?t=2049