[openstack-dev] [Horizon] ResourceType'ing the Swift UI and a bit of a speed bump

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 04:55:16 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I've just pushed up an initial patch which implements *some* of the Swift
UI functionality using the ResourceType framework:
https://review.openstack.org/347114

I say *some* because there's an issue in the current code which will
require some refactoring to make it work in a ResourceType world. Funnily
enough, it's related to my other work in de-$scope-ifying the images
actions...

In short, the current containers model service is used for UI state. Kind
of like scope. Either way, it's bad (and I fully own that mistake, and I
apologise for being such a bad person). To make things work properly, the
containers model needs to have its state removed out to the two controllers
(containers and objects). It will retain the interfaces into Swift's object
containers, but those interfaces will require the caller to provide full
context (container and path) rather than relying on the state currently
stored on the model.

The state will be stored on the controllers. Funnily enough I had
implemented things like this in the first iteration of the swift ui, but I
had trouble sharing context between the two controllers. That was before I
used ngRoute. The routing information provides the state information needed
now.

I'm going to look at putting up a new patch to address this and and
hopefully it won't be too horrendous...

     Richard