[openstack-dev] [magnum] Proposing Spyros Trigazis for Magnum core reviewer team

Kumari, Madhuri madhuri.kumari at intel.com
Mon Jul 25 09:03:05 UTC 2016

+1 for Sypros.

Regards,
Madhuri

From: Hongbin Lu [mailto:hongbin.lu at huawei.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2016 1:57 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions) <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Subject: [openstack-dev] [magnum] Proposing Spyros Trigazis for Magnum core reviewer team

Hi all,

Spyros has consistently contributed to Magnum for a while. In my opinion, what differentiate him from others is the significance of his contribution, which adds concrete value to the project. For example, the operator-oriented install guide he delivered attracts a significant number of users to install Magnum, which facilitates the adoption of the project. I would like to emphasize that the Magnum team has been working hard but struggling to increase the adoption, and Spyros's contribution means a lot in this regards. He also completed several essential and challenging tasks, such as adding support for OverlayFS, adding Rally job for Magnum, etc. In overall, I am impressed by the amount of high-quality patches he submitted. He is also helpful in code reviews, and his comments often help us identify pitfalls that are not easy to identify. He is also very active in IRC and ML. Based on his contribution and expertise, I think he is qualified to be a Magnum core reviewer.

I am happy to propose Spyros to be a core reviewer of Magnum team. According to the OpenStack Governance process [1], we require a minimum of 4 +1 votes from Magnum core reviewers within a 1 week voting window (consider this proposal as a +1 vote from me). A vote of -1 is a veto. If we cannot get enough votes or there is a veto vote prior to the end of the voting window, Spyros is not able to join the core team and needs to wait 30 days to reapply.

The voting is open until Thursday July 29st.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Approved/CoreDevProcess

Best regards,
Hongbin