[openstack-dev] [kolla] Please start getting in the habit of breaking up containers from ansible changes

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Fri Jul 22 20:35:07 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense to break up containers from ansible changes to people outside the core review team, but for anything with backport potential, please do so.  We are considering in Occata splitting the kolla repo into two (kolla = containers & build, kolla-ansible = playbooks).  I think the timing is right after we branch Kolla Newton, but I don't want to crater our backport process in the process.  By keeping the changes separate we can still have a tidy backport experience.

Even for small changes - 2-3 liner, please break them up using Partial-Bug.

Core reviewers please start enforcing this.

TIA!
-steve