[openstack-dev] [daisycloud-core] IRC Meeting Log 20160722

hu.zhijiang at zte.com.cn hu.zhijiang at zte.com.cn
Fri Jul 22 09:30:51 UTC 2016

Hi Team,

About the daisy4nfv things we did not have time to discuss, I want to add
that: I thought in the future, when we move to work with OPNFV world, we
will still use this channel to discuss not only daisycloud but also
daisy4nfv. I personaly do not want to maintain two meeting by myself. But
your opinions are more than welcome.

20160722 Agenda
===============
1) roll call
2) Agenda bashing
3) Approved Wei (kong.wei2 at zte.com.cn) as daisycloud core reviewer
4) daisycloud status update
5) daisy4nfv status update and disscussion in daisycloud channel

Log
===

? daisycloud-core project weekly meeting
huzhj
Hello
zhouya
hi
→ lu has joined
? lu is now known as Guest25493
← Guest25493 has left
huzhj
Yao is on the sick leave, so may be we can not reach her
zhouya
ok
huzhj
Let's wait for more people come online
→ luyao has joined
huzhj
OK
Let's start
→ King has joined
← King has quit (Client Quit)
huzhj
Today's agenda
1) roll call
2) Agenda bashing
3) Approved Wei (kong.wei2 at zte.com.cn) as daisycloud core reviewer
4) daisycloud status update
5) daisy4nfv status update
6) daisy4nfv disscussion in daisycloud channel
1) roll call
zhouya
o/
→ Sun has joined
luyao
o/
huzhj
roll call is a convention that everyone write them name with a "+" as the
preffix
Sun
O/
huzhj
zhouya
+zhouya
Sun
+sunjing
luyao
+luyao
huzhj
Agenda bashing is a way for modifing the agenda right before starting
meeting
so if you have anything to disscuss please feel free to ask me to add to
the agenda list
If nothing to modify, we will go to next topic
Sun
Ok with me
huzhj
Ok, next topic Approved Wei (kong.wei2 at zte.com.cn) as daisycloud core
reviewer
luyao
ok
huzhj
As the result of the voting on the mailing list, Wei has successfully been
approved as our core reviewer
luyao
congratulation
huzhj
Hope he can do more great jobs for the project in future :)
congratulations!
But he is not online ~~
Sun
congratulations
zhouya
he is busy with tempest
← luyao has quit (Quit: http://www.kiwiirc.com/ - A hand crafted IRC
client)
zhouya
with my joy respectfully
huzhj
Yes, our tempest is one the way, Wei will make it work for us soon.
→ luyao has joined
→ kongwei has joined
kongwei
hi
huzhj
We are still open for discuss about who will be and how he/she can be the
next core reviewer
Hi Wei
We are talking about you. thanks for the great work on the tempest things
4) daisycloud status update
Same old way, do it in alphabet order
huzhj
I wil be the first, keepalived/haproxy problem during kolla deploying has
been solved
the problem is that there are more than one clusters on our shared network
using the same virtual_router_id in /etc/keepalived/keepalived.conf
the virtual_router_id is choosed by kolla script which is a number
beetween 0 and 255
luyao
good
huzhj
it is easy to conflicted , so the resolution is for us to not to use
shared network to deploy many clusters at the same time.
zhouya
OK
huzhj
Next thing is that i have been cut off the size of kolla images tarball by
simply build what we really needs
Sun
the globals.yml give a default value 51
huzhj
@Sun , good catch!
luyao
we can set diff value by daisy
zhouya
so modify globals.yml?
huzhj
Yes, that will be a greate help for our development atleast
Sun
maybe wo can set diff value according ip of vm
huzhj
Due to the time limit let's talk about it in more details offline
The current list of images to build is as follows:
luyao
ok
huzhj
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-neutron-openvswitch-agent
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-neutron-server
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-neutron-metadata-agent
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-neutron-dhcp-agent
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-neutron-l3-agent
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-nova-libvirt
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-nova-compute
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-nova-scheduler
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-nova-conductor
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-nova-novncproxy
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-nova-consoleauth
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-nova-ssh
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-nova-api
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-heat-api
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-heat-api-cfn
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-heat-engine
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-glance-api
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-glance-registry
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-horizon
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-keystone
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-openvswitch-db-server
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-openvswitch-vswitchd
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-heka
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-kolla-toolbox
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-rabbitmq
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-mariadb
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-keepalived
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-cron
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-memcached
192.168.0.48:4000/kollaglue/centos-binary-haproxy
← huzhj has quit (Excess Flood)

kongwei
flood :)
we need speak slowly.
→ huzhj has joined
huzhj
I am back
can you see me?
Sun
yes
kongwei
yes
← luyao has quit (Quit: http://www.kiwiirc.com/ - A hand crafted IRC
client)
huzhj
Next thing is I have made a draft plan of our road map
1. OpenStack
1.1 Upgrade dependances to Mitaka and resolve compatible issues Due
2016-08-01
1.2 Support Kolla backend Due 2016-09-01
1.3 Preuild Mitaka OpenStack containers and upload to public storage Done
1.4 Support Kolla specific role and network plane Due 2016-09-01
1.5 Daisy config cluster/call Kolla Deploy through Command line Due
2016-09-01
1.6 Daisy config cluster/call Kolla Deploy through GUI Due ???
1.7 Multicast imaging for Kolla Due ???
2. OPNFV
2.1 Provide one new POD Due ???
2.2 Add Dasiy jobs framework to releng repo Due 2016-09-01
2.3 Documentation framework in repo Due 2016-09-01
2.4 Get POD Access rights Due 2016-08-15
2.5 Implement Daisy4nfv build script and integrated into Jenkins Due
2016-10-01
2.6 Implement Daisy4nfv deploy script and integrated into Jenkins Due
2016-11-01
2.7 Support and use Genesis common config file Due 2016-11-01
2.8 Finish Functest test cases after deploy Due 2016-12-01
2.9 Finish Yardstrick test cases after deploy Due 2016-12-01
2.10 Documentation content for next release Due 2016-12-01
2.11 Support ODL container build & deploy Due ???
→ luyao has joined
huzhj
Let me know if there is any mismatch with our current cadence
huzhj
Next thing for me is the horizon problem has been solved, it is caused by
selinux with which we can not log into daisy dashboard
so we have to think about to add disabling selinux command into our
installation script or just tell the user to do that before install daisy
kongwei
Do we need think about escalator?
Sun
thanks a lot,the problem confused me that much
huzhj
@kongwei, let discuss more about escalator in opnfv mailing list
@kongwei, we really have some thing to discuss with you about the
relationship between daisy and escalator
kongwei
OK
janonymous
hi team
huzhj
The last thing for me is that today I submit a bug and patch for Kolla
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/345872/
Hi Jaivish
Nice to meet you
huzhj
So Jaivish, if you have anything to share or introduce of yourself about
your current work progress in openstack, please go ahead
← luyao has quit (Quit: http://www.kiwiirc.com/ - A hand crafted IRC
client)
→ luyao has joined
huzhj
OK, @janonymous whenever you ready ,please feel free to say something :)
Let's go ahead, next, @kongwei
kongwei
ok
kongwei
This week, I add the tempest job in our ci env.
There are some error.
← luyao has quit (Client Quit)
kongwei
errors
janonymous
huzhj: hey.. Currently i am a bit busy in submitting a patch to Kubernetes
which is written in golang
→ luyao has joined
janonymous
huzhj: ohh sry to interrupt
please contibue
kongwei
Yestoday, the tempest env can work.
There are many testcases for TECS, so I delete them.
← luyao has quit (Client Quit)
kongwei
We can look it at: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/340625/19/
Now I resolve the flake8 errors of tempest script.
huzhj
Nice!
kongwei
There are 802 errors.
huzhj
That is
realy a huge job
→ luyao has joined
huzhj
tough and rough
kongwei
I think it would be done this weekend.
huzhj
thanks Wei
kongwei
That's all
huzhj
OK, next , @luyao
kongwei
It's my duty. :)
huzhj
Oh, I almost forgot, Yao is on sick leave
luyao
l now finished the daisy code
with deloy openstack with kolla
we now can use daisy to deploy openstack
huzhj
So yao is it Ok for you to type works while you are at hospital? I think
it may be difficut to you
luyao
l am waiting for docter call
that is ok~
that is all
it is my all work
huzhj
greate, so i have to hurry to finishing building the lattest kolla images
and upload them to the public storage , then you can modify the url in
your code to get the right image. that is will be the last problem for you
currently right?
OK, next @Sun
luyao
yes
Sun
I have setted up a Ftp server for kolla images in aliyum cloud host.
Sun
Now there are two users for visit.we can use open user for download
images.
huzhj
Great
Sun
Only problem is that the images are huge, trams speed is slow.
I will try to solve this next days.
huzhj
I would like to have the new images to be cut off to less than 1.6G
Sun
that is all for me
huzhj
OK. next, @zhouya
Sun
ok,it may help much.
zhouya
this week
← luyao has quit (Quit: http://www.kiwiirc.com/ - A hand crafted IRC
client)
zhouya
i change the function in config.py to implemented by regular expression
zhouya
and also make config.py as a lower layer of install.py
huzhj
So the regular expression is used for matching parameters in the yml
config file?
zhouya
yes
no
the regular expression is used for change the multinode file
→ luyao has joined
huzhj
OK
zhouya
i already commit the code to gerrit
huzhj
I will review code next week
zhouya
that's all
janonymous
i used to work with swift team in past releases , for now i am working on
kubernetes to add some patches for openstack
← luyao has quit (Client Quit)
huzhj
The code is the bridge between kolla and daisy and is very important for
us, os i hope everyone can review it, not only core reviewers
zhouya
OK
Sun
ok
huzhj
OK, last thing is about status update and disscussion in daisycloud
channel
janonymous
huzhj: I wanted to access CI infracture , but is it not possible for me ?
huzhj
5) daisy4nfv status update
@janonymous what problem you faced?
can not download code?
janonymous
Seems it is internal zte's implementation for gate jobs
ZTE cinder2 CI (1 rechecks)
i was curious to know how it is implemented
huzhj
Yes , currently it was in zte's testbed. because basiclly we are a
openstack related project and we have no rights to upload jobs to
openstack infra ,it seems
but you can get help from Wei to get what you need i think
janonymous
but i wanted to see it's code how it's done.. ohh thanks
huzhj
OK, Let's talk about ci qccessbillity offline by using mailing list
We are running out of time. So things about daisy4nfv will be discussed
also in mail
OK?
Sun
ok
zhouya
OK
janonymous
ok
huzhj
I think that is all for today.
I wish all of you all good health and a happy weekend
@kongwei, do not forget to help @janonymous to get CI details
Sun
Thank you,the same to you.Bye
← Sun has quit (Quit: http://www.kiwiirc.com/ - A hand crafted IRC
client)
huzhj
Bye
zhouya
bye
kongwei
ok
bye
huzhj
Thanks @kongwei
bye
? daisycloud-core project weekly meeting closed.

B.R.,
Zhijiang

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail (and any attachment transmitted herewith) is privileged and confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  If you are not an intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of the information contained is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this mail in error, please delete it and notify us immediately.