[openstack-dev] [tc][all] Big tent? (Related to Plugins for all)

Fei Long Wang feilong at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Jul 21 23:38:08 UTC 2016

Thank you for making it more clear, Zane. I totally agree with you at here.

IMHO, as a cloud computing platform, it should be an ecosystem just like
the others. That said, not only looking from bottom to top, but also
looking from top to bottom. It should looks like an unified platform. In
other words, we need to understand what are the app developer need. I'm
sure except a good VM creation, they also need something else. To avoid
it turns to be another chicken/egg problem, we could/should to eat our
dog food, instead of just "waiting" a service get matured by itself, we
could provide some support/help. Therefore, I think plugins for all
could be a good start.

My 0.02

Cheers & Best regards,
Fei Long Wang (王飞龙)
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Tel: +64-48032246
Email: flwang at catalyst.net.nz
Catalyst IT Limited
Level 6, Catalyst House, 150 Willis Street, Wellington