[openstack-dev] [tripleo] moving tripleo-ci/test-environments into THT

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 11:10:09 UTC 2016

On 07/21/2016 04:32 AM, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're currently using tripleo-ci to store our test-environments files
> (ie: multinode.yaml, etc).
> To make it compatible with our different versions of TripleO, we have 2 options:
>
> * Duplicate templates and use bash conditionals in tripleo-ci scripts
> to select which one we want at each release.
> * Move them to THT (THT is branched & released).
>
> I would vote for option #2 for 2 reasons:
> * we don't have to do complex conditionals in tripleo-ci
> * we can easily consume it outside tripleo-ci (oooq one day?)
> * we can easily make them evolve, when new composable services are
> created for example.

plus it would be possible to update the template parameters *and* the
test-environment files as needed in a single submission

finally, we've hit cases where a particular value change was not tested
because the test-environment file was overriding the setting anyway and
we got tricked into thinking the change was working while it wasn't

so +1 from me on option number 2
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA | IRC: gfidente