[openstack-dev] [Horizon] On testing...

Sergei Chipiga schipiga at mirantis.com
Thu Jul 21 10:47:13 UTC 2016

Hello, all!

> Also there is
>
> 5. Parallelize integration tests.

Talking about parallel launching of horizon integration tests. Right now I
have migrated horizon autotests to new architecture:
https://github.com/sergeychipiga/horizon_autotests, which uses pytest to
run tests. I launch my tests parallelly with pytest-xdist and it works
fine. It easy to debug due to simple tests architecture, test logs and
video capture of virtual frame buffers.
But in parallel launching there are problems with openstack performance due
to low hardware resources, so we need to be sure that after deploy devstack
will be ready to endure multiple users usage. Right now these tests
launching with Mirantis OpenStack, but I will be glad to port them to
upsteam (it will not require strong changes).
--
Regards, Sergei Chipiga
QA Engineer, Mirantis Inc.