[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Delorean fail blocks CI for stable branches

Sagi Shnaidman sshnaidm at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 06:08:36 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 3:11 AM, Alan Pevec <apevec at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 7:49 PM, Sagi Shnaidman <sshnaidm at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > How then it worked before? Can you show me the patch that broke this
> > functionality in delorean? It should be about 15 Jul when jobs started to
> > fail.
>
> commented in lp
>
> > How then master branch works? It also runs on patched repo and succeeds.
>
> I explained that but looks like we're talking past each other.
>
> > I don't think we can use this workaround, each time this source file will
> > change - all our jobs will fail again? It's not even a workaround.
> > Please let's stop discussing and let's solve it finally, it blocks our CI
> > for stable patches.
>
> Sure, I've assigned https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1604039 to
> myself and proposed a patch.

It's a workaround for short time range, but NOT a solution, if you change
something in this one file, it'll be broken again. But it does NOT solve
the main issue - after recent changes in dlrn and specs we can't build repo
with delorean on stable branches.
I think it should be solved on DLRN side and should be provided a
appropriate interface to use it for CI purposes.
I opened an issue there:
https://github.com/openstack-packages/DLRN/issues/22
But you closed it, so I suppose we will not get any solution and help for
it from your side?

Should we move to other packaging tool?

--
Best regards