[openstack-dev] [DIB] [TripleO] Should we have a DIB meeting?

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Mon Jul 18 10:31:12 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 04:20:35PM -0700, Stephane Miller wrote:
>    There are a lot of interesting and complex changes going on with DIB at
>    the moment. This is a good thing, but it also means that we have more
>    complex decisions to make for the project. We've already taken one step to
>    address this in proposing a specs process
>    (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/336109/). However, I'm thinking we could
>    also use some higher-bandwidth communication.
>    I'm proposing that we have a regular, IRC-based meeting for the project.
>    This could be done on its own, or as part of the TripleO meeting. I don't
>    think we necessarily need to do this every week, but a fortnightly chance
>    to get together to chat about big changes, design, etc would be great.
>    DIB and TripleO DIB community, what are your thoughts?

I'm happy for folks to discuss DIB related topics in the TripleO meeting,
but it may make more sense for this to be a separate meeting, given that
the overlap between DIB users/contributors/reviewers and those involved
with TripleO isn't as great as it once was?

Thanks for raising this, big +1 on anything that enables a better feedback
loop and communication channel for DIB.

Steve