[openstack-dev] [ironic] [oslo] Stevedore 1.16 breaks IPA gate

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Sun Jul 17 14:32:01 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Joshua Harlow's message of 2016-07-15 18:00:37 -0700:
> I assume this is connected into:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/334014/
>
> Which was proposed a few weeks ago, I'd be nice to identify the causing
> review and see if we can find the authors to learn about why,

The KeyError was being raised in error, not as an explicit way to
indicate that a plugin was missing. We classified that as buggy
behavior rather than an API change. There was one other place this was
relying on the behavior and they have fixed their app code (I don't
remember off the top of my head which project that was).

The best course of action is to change IPA to use the callback mechanism
added as the official API and to require the newer version of stevedore
that supports that callback by raising the minimum in the global
requirements list.

Doug