[openstack-dev] What's Up, Doc? 15 July

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri Jul 15 05:28:33 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

CFP for the Barcelona Summit closed this week, so I've been caught up in the flurry of talk submissions. I hope you got yours in on time! We have more Installation Tutorials going up all the time, with Swift up and Designate now in progress. I'd also like to remind you all that we have instructions for creating your team's Install Tutorial in our Contributor Guide here: http://docs.openstack.org/contributor-guide/project-install-guide.html We'd love to get your feedback on that content!

== Progress towards Newton ==

82 days to go!

Bugs closed so far: 280

Newton deliverables: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/NewtonDeliverables
Feel free to add more detail and cross things off as they are achieved throughout the release.

The CFP for Barcelona is now closed. Best of luck to everyone who submitted a talk :)

== Speciality Team Reports ==

'''HA Guide: Bogdan Dobrelya'''
No report this week.

'''Install Tutorials: Lana Brindley'''
Continued to publish new guides, Swift is now up, Designate is on review. Submitted Summit talk on this topic. Don't miss our instructions for creating a new Install Tutorial: http://docs.openstack.org/contributor-guide/project-install-guide.html  Next meeting: 19 July 0600 UTC

'''Networking Guide: Edgar Magana'''
No meeting this week.

'''Security Guide: Nathaniel Dillon'''
No report this week.

'''User Guides: Joseph Robinson'''
No report this week.

'''Ops Guide: Shilla Saebi'''
OpenStack ops guide reorg in progress & documented here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-guide-reorg
Added enterprise docs troubleshooting information to the Ops Guide

'''API Guide: Anne Gentle'''
Keystone API sprint this week, details are here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-api-sprint Lance Bragstad is on FIRE!
Review these api-ref patchsets in progress: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+file:api-ref
Working on a plan for how to merge HTTP Status Code tables and Graham Hayes's patch to use the openstackdocstheme and Karen Bradshaw's overall API navigation in time for release, stay tuned.

'''Config/CLI Ref: Tomoyuki Kato'''
Got feedbacks from Dolph Matthews, thank you! Closed a few bugs. Updated some CLI reference.

'''Training labs: Pranav Salunke, Roger Luethi'''
Many minor improvements to training-labs library scripts
Finalizing PXE feature, still more work is required but the current patch should be in a state to be merged soon.
Finalizing parser POC to parse install-guides to BASH for testing install guides and also auto-creation of guest side scripts for training-labs

'''Training Guides: Matjaz Pancur'''
Removed unused images for Training guides, improvements on Getting Started (core and optional services, link updates).

'''Hypervisor Tuning Guide: Blair Bethwaite
No report this week.

'''UX/UI Guidelines: Michael Tullis, Rodrigo Caballero'''
No report this week.

== Core Team Review ==

Regretfully, Diane Fleming is no longer a core team member. I'd like to thank Diane for all her contributions to our team. She's been a powerhouse core team member since well before I did my very first OpenStack patch, and I think it's fair to say that many of us wouldn't be here without Diane's support and guidance.

== Site Stats ==

The number of people browsing the site using Opera has dropped by 5% over the past 30 days, but nearly 20% more people are using Edge (which I'm told is the new Windows browser that's replacing IE). Oddly, IE users have increased slightly as well, though, by 7%. Are people abandoning their Macs?!

== Doc team meeting ==

Next meetings:

The APAC meeting was held this week (big thanks to Joseph for chairing that meeting in my absence!), you can read the minutes here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/MeetingLogs#2016-07-13

Next meetings: