[openstack-dev] [kolla][nova][infra] Voting gates

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Thu Jul 14 14:21:26 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

At the midcycle, we had a session on gating.

Out of that session came the decision to make the build gates voting as soon as the mirroring is finished for ubuntu first (because that is closer for us to get mirroring sorted out) followed by CentOS/Oracle Linux.  I am taking this work on (mirroring specifically) and expect it to finish in the next 1-2 weeks (ubuntu only).  After that I will sort out the centos mirroring.  I'm not sure who got the mirroring work kicked off in infrastructure - I think it was Jessie Pretorious - if the credit is wrong apologies, but whoever it was, - huge thanks from me personally :)

We are not making the deploy gates voting at this time, although the plan is to do so once we stablize the last of the gate issues.  I think we are just down to one issue now, and that is that ubuntu source fails with an error about VIR MIGRATE AUTO CONVERGE.  This looks to be a nova bug.  If the nova community has any bones to throw us on how to fix this, it would be appreciated.  I'd cut and paste the log, but for some reason C&P isn't working in my email client at present.

If folks know of other consistent deploy gate failures, can you please respond on this thread with either a bug link or a link to a log of the failure in question.

The review where it fails is 339776.

Regards
-steve