[openstack-dev] The future of OpenStack documentation

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jul 13 14:11:26 UTC 2016

On 11.07.2016 00:02, Steve Martinelli wrote:
> I personally like this solution, it seems much more scalable. This follows
> the same pattern of the API docs (moving the content to project repos),
> which puts the onus back on the project team to maintain and create
> documentation. I'm also hoping this results in less duplication between the
> guides and the keystone developer docs (the latter of which start to stray
> from "developer" docs and begin to look like "user" docs.

After reading this, the "configuration reference" comes to my mind.
Having the api-ref and the config-ref at one place, near the code, seems
logical to me. Nova put a lot of effort into providing valuable help
text for the config options in the last months. We should also make sure
that it will result in a good manual, which could be easier if it's
in-tree, near the code.

--
Regards, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)