[openstack-dev] [kolla] New specs process - a dicussion

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Wed Jul 13 13:04:59 UTC 2016

Josh,

We did have the discussion at summit.  We aren't even going to have a "big
spec".  We are going to run as bare minimal of a spec as possible.  The
reason I brought up spec additions is because Kolla has become so large,
managing the project using current techniques is not optimal.  I don't
like process but in the future, the PTL will need an easy on-ramp to
managing Kolla output.

I agree with all of the risks you point out related to usage of specs.  I
am hopeful we can make this is a super lightweight process without the
nitpicking that occurs in other projects.  That said, the rollcall vote
specs I expect to be as painful as they currently are (by design).

Regards
-steve