[openstack-dev] [meghdwar] Base code to use and irc call agenda

prakash RAMCHANDRAN pramchan at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 07:28:22 UTC 2016

Hi all,
We plan to meet at 7 AM (PDT)  =  14 PM UCT  =  19.30 PM India
#openstack-meghdwar
Agenda:    Review of  API for Edge Cloud services 1. Cloudlet Objects for a simple two node cluster (assume one Compute Node can have one or more VMs)                 a. Compute node and connecting 2 VMs in a POD (kubernetes definition)                 b. VM in two different PODS  and connecting them through Cluster (or should it be a Binder)                c.  What are the hooks to start, stop, pause, update and abort a Cloudlet application  process within VM.                d. What is difference between Package Management vs. Metadata management                e. Do we cache, attach/detach stores to VM for state contexts or should we stick to soft states only               f. Limitations of current Cloudlets like CPU emulation dependencies etc. 2. Report on Senlin and Scaling demo on Backspace by Satya/Prakash 3. What about OEC specs - should we focus on Element Management like Cluster first? 4. Is hierarchy of Central and Edge for application partitioning correct approach, what are other options? 5. Review of any missing items and plan for next meeting and action plans
Thanks Prakash