[openstack-dev] [nova][tempest][SR-IOV] SR-IOV CI for Mutli-Node with migration test

Moshe Levi moshele at mellanox.com
Sun Jul 10 12:03:39 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We are in advance stage of resolving migration with SR-IOV and to improve the coverage in that part.

We have proposed the following patches to fix SR-IOV migration and its race conditions:
[1] - Allocate PCI devices on migration: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/328983
[2] - Update binding:profile for SR-IOV ports - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/242573/
[3] - Update available resources before confirm stage - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/327356/
[4] - Fix revert on migration with SR-IOV - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/326174
[5] - Fixes for race conditions in revert migration with SR-IOV - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/339765/

We added a job for Mellanox CI for SR-IOV multi node. The Job is called Nova-ML2-Sriov-Multinode

To allow the multi node  Job with direct port (or any port type) we need [6] to be merged in tempest

[6] -  Fixed manager.py to support multinode test on vnic_port - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/335447/

Also we added basic migration test in tempest [7]  that passed in the SR-IOV multimode see log  [8]
[7] - Add connectivity check test for migration<https://review.openstack.org/339230> - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/339230/
[8] - http://13.69.151.247/MN_migrate/

Of course we plan to add more test like migration-revert and etc.

It would be wonderful if we can get some reviews from the nova/tempest community to land  all this patches in this cycle.

Thanks,
Moshe.