[openstack-dev] [Nova][SR-IOV][pci-passthrough] Reporting pci devices in hypervisor-show

Murray, Paul (HP Cloud) pmurray at hpe.com
Fri Jul 8 11:02:53 UTC 2016

Hi All,

At the moment I am not aware of a nova api call that provides information about the pci devices on a host. The most obvious place to put this would be in hypervisor-show. I wonder if anyone has made an attempt at this already or if there are any reasons for not adding pci information there?

Assuming pci device information was put in hypervisor-show I would be interested in how people think it would be presented. There are different types of pci device and things like virtual functions and parent device relationships. The information should include the allocation status.

If hypervisor-show is not the place for this I would be interested in suggestions on where it should go.

Paul