[openstack-dev] [Bilean][CloudKitty][Telemetry] Opendiscussionaround Bilean and existing OpenStack components

吕冬兵 dongbing.lv at kylin-cloud.com
Fri Jul 8 02:39:57 UTC 2016

Hi Stéphane,

I got what you mean, I’m sure that CloudKitty can rating by event, but I have some other puzzles. Let me generally describe the arch of Bilean first

[events] <—> [rating] <—> [billing]

When event coming from notification, bilean engine will rating the resource according policy and rule. A rule reference to a kind of resource(instance, volumes e.g), and a policy consists of several rules, different user can use different billing policy). After that engine will update user’s rate. Bilean doesn’t have period task to do billing work, but triggered by events and period task to do health check for users (daily task now). When user’s balance is almost used up, bilean engine will notify user.

So you see, Bilean is a closed-loop billing solution, what I mean trigger-based billing is not just rating by events, the main thing is billing. Does CloudKitty do billing too? And how? If not or has different solution about that, force to combine them will make it neither fish nor fowl.

Best regards,

lvdongbing