[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] existing centralized syslog server

fabrice grelaud fabrice.grelaud at u-bordeaux.fr
Wed Jul 6 14:24:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

I would like to know what is the best approach to customize our openstack-ansible deployment if we want to use our existing solution of ELK and centralized rsyslog server.

We deploy openstack-ansible (mitaka 13.1.2 release) on our infrastructure with for convenient and no risk a vm for syslog server role. That is ok. But now if i want to use our centralized syslog server ?

What i need is to set ip address of our existing server to the rsyslog client (containers + metal) and of course configure our rsyslog.conf to manage openstack template.
So:
- no need to create on the log server a lxc container (setup-hosts.yml: lxc-hosts-setup, lxc-containers-create)
- no need to install syslog server (setup-infrastructure.yml: rsyslog-install.yml)

How can i modify my openstack-ansible environment (/etc/openstack_deploy, env.d, conf.d, openstack_user_config.yml, user_variables.yml, playbook ?) the most transparent manner and that permits minor release update simply ?

Thanks.

Fabrice Grelaud
Université de Bordeaux