[openstack-dev] [nova][infra][ci] bulk repeating a test job on a single review in parallel ?

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Tue Jul 5 22:01:59 UTC 2016

Kashyap Chamarthy <kchamart at redhat.com> writes:

> If it reduces nondeterministic spam for the CI Infra, and makes us
> achieve the task at hand, sure.  [/me need to educate himself a
> bit more on the Zuul pipeline infrastructure.]
>
> Worth filing this (and your 'idle pipeline' thought below) in the Zuul
> tracker here?
>
>     https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/679
>
>> In the past we've discussed the option of having an "idle pipeline"
>> which repeatedly runs specified jobs only when there are unused
>> resources available, so that it doesn't significantly cut into our
>> resource pool when we're under high demand but still allows to
>> automatically collect a large amount of statistical data.
>>
>> Anyway, hopefully James Blair can weigh in on this, since Zuul is
>> basically in a feature freeze for a while to limit the number of
>> significant changes we'll need to forward-port into the v3 branch.
>> We'd want to discuss these new features in the context of Zuul v3
>> instead.

Yes, I think there is more that we can do around having specific jobs
run, and also more types of pipeline managers that understand load
conditions -- or at least more fine-grained priority specification so
they don't have to.  But I also think what Jeremy said is correct --
we're in the middle of a push toward Zuul v3 and need to stay focused on
that.  These are good suggestions with well articulated use-cases, so I
think adding this to the issue tracker for now so that we can address it
later is the thing to do.

-Jim