[openstack-dev] [nova] gate testing with lvm imagebackend

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Mon Jul 4 17:34:17 UTC 2016

On 05/10/2016 04:47 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 5/10/2016 5:14 PM, Chris Friesen wrote:

>> For what it's worth, we've got internal patches to enable cold migration
>> and resize for LVM-backed instances.  We've also got a proof of concept
>> to enable thin-provisioned LVM to get rid of the huge
>> wipe-volume-on-deletion cost.

> I'd be interested if you want to push the changes up as a WIP, then we could run
> my devstack-gate change with your series as a dependency and see what kind of
> fallout there is.
>
> I also need to check of there are any tempest tests that test resize/migrate
> from a volume-backed instance and if those are passing on this.

I finally got around to massaging our "allow resize/migration for LVM-backed
instances" patch into something that should work on upstream:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/337334

I'm not totally sure the logic is 100% correct, haven't worked through all the
cases.  It's possible there are still some assumptions in there based on our
configuration.

Let me know what you think...maybe this could be O-release material?

Chris