[openstack-dev] Troubleshooting and ask.openstack.org

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Jul 4 10:26:25 UTC 2016

Adam Young wrote:
> [...]
> I know we getting nuked on the Wiki.  What I would like to be able to
> generate is  Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page, but as a living
> document.

Small correction... As explained in my summary of wiki use cases[1], we
are removing "reference" documentation from the wiki but we'll likely
keep a wiki (or some other light publication platform) for things like
team pages (internal team organization documents). So you could post
your FAQ there, but users would likely miss it.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-June/096481.html

> I think that ask.openstack.org is the right forum for this, but we need
> some more help:
> [...]

I agree that would be the best place. Users already expect to find
answers on that website. Current content is of varying quality, which
can discourage question-askers and question-answerers alike. If we can
get more quality/curated content there we might start a virtuous circle
-- getting developers more present there can only help.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)