[openstack-dev] [magnum][heat] Global stack-list for Magnum service user

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com
Mon Jul 4 10:24:10 UTC 2016

Hi Johannes,

this is still not too optimal, as AFAIK admin role is still global, so
admin in tenant also means admin of whole OpenStack, thus it still can
assign himself/whomever the 'service' role and get access to global stack
list.

Best solution would probably be to create a separate domain in Keystone,
and a service user in it, and check in policy json the actual
domain+tenant+some role or username in this tenant. This domain and tenant
are completely controlled by Magnum service then (creds are in the magnum
config) - all similar to how Heat is working.

Cheers,

Dr. Pavlo Shchelokovskyy
Senior Software Engineer
Mirantis Inc