[openstack-dev] [daisycloud-core] [kolla] Kolla Mitaka requirementssupported by CentOS

Gerard Braad me at gbraad.nl
Mon Jul 4 08:36:30 UTC 2016

Hi,

> 发件人:         Haïkel <hguemar at fedoraproject.org>
> As one of RDO maintainer, I strongly invite kolla, not to use EPEL.
> It's proven very hard to prevent EPEL pushing broken updates, or push
> updates to fit OpenStack requirements.
> Actually, all the dependency above but ansible, docker and git python
> modules are in CentOS Cloud SIG repositories.
> If you are interested to work w/ CentOS Cloud SIG, we can add missing
> dependencies in our repositories.

Interesting point, as currently the preference is to use docker
project's provided
packages for installing. This means that `docker-storage-setup` is not
available.
This can actually be very helpful for CentOS-based deployments to get a
production-ready environment setup.

Gerard

--

   Gerard Braad | http://gbraad.nl