[openstack-dev] [Kolla] [docker] Storage-driver and loopback usage?

Gerard Braad me at gbraad.nl
Mon Jul 4 03:00:50 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

This weekend I have been looking into some issues I encountered with
`ostree` inside a Docker container, and this seemed to have been
caused by the use of loopback storage with device mapper. After this
experience I was wondering what Kolla did...

Usually for development purpose, or on a laptop, it is easy to just
work out-of-the-box. But I would not consider using devicemapper after
this experience as a pleasant experience. I moved to all development
environment using OverlayFS, and will evaluate this for the time
being...

What do you guys think or use? And what about the quickstart? I was
unable to find a statement about this. I did find a change of the
storage-driver in `kolla/tools/setup_RedHat.sh` to btrfs... and what
is used in CI?

regards,

Gerard

--