[openstack-dev] [kuryr] kuryr-libnetwork split

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Jul 1 17:58:58 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Jeremy Stanley's message of 2016-07-01 15:05:30 +0000:
> On 2016-07-01 08:26:13 -0500 (-0500), Monty Taylor wrote:
> [...]
> > Check with Doug Hellman about namespaces. We used to use them in some
> > oslo things and had to step away from them because of some pretty weird
> > and horrible breakage issues.
> [...]
>
> Or read the associated Oslo spec from when that was done:

Yes, please don't use python namespaces. It's a cool feature, as you
say, but the setuptools implementation available for Python 2 has some
buggy edge cases that we hit on a regular basis before moving back to
regular packages. It might be something we could look into again when
we're running only on Python 3, since at that point the feature is built
into the language.

Doug