[openstack-dev] [nova][infra][ci] bulk repeating a test job on a single review in parallel ?

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Fri Jul 1 13:39:10 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 02:44:36PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

[Snip description of some nice debugging.]

> I'd really love it if there was
>
>  1. the ability to request checking of just specific jobs eg
>
>       "recheck gate-tempest-dsvm-multinode-full"

Yes, this would really be desirable.  I recall once asking this exact
question on #openstack-infra, but can't find Infra team's response to
that.

>  2. the ability to request this recheck to run multiple
>     times in parallel. eg if i just repeat the 'recheck'
>     command many times on the same patchset # without
>     waiting for results

Yes, this too, would be _very_ useful for all the reasons you described.

Thanks for starting this thread!

> Any one got any other tips for debugging highly non-deterministic
> bugs like this which only hit perhaps 1 time in 100, without wasting
> huge amounts of CI resource as I'm doing right now ?
>
> No one has ever been able to reproduce these failures outside of
> the gate CI infra, indeed certain CI hosting providers seem worse
> afffected by the bug than others, so running tempest locally is not
> an option.

[...]

--
/kashyap