[openstack-dev] [kuryr] kuryr-libnetwork split

Antoni Segura Puimedon toni+openstackml at midokura.com
Fri Jul 1 13:10:44 UTC 2016

Hi fellow kuryrs!

In order to proceed with the split of kuryr into a main lib and it's kuryr
libnetwork component, we've cloned the contents of openstack/kuryr over to
openstack/kuryr-libnetwork.

The idea is that after this, the patches that will go to openstack/kuryr
will be to trim out the kuryr/kuryr-libnetwork specific parts and make a
release of the common parts so that openstack/kuryr-libnetwork can start
using it.

I propose that we use python namespaces and the current common code in
kuryr is moved to:
kuryr/lib/

which openstack/kuryr-libnetwork would import like so:

    from kuryr.lib import binding

So, right now, patches in review that are for the Docker ipam or remote
driver, should be moved to openstack/kuryr-libnetwork and soon we should
make openstack/kuryr-libnetwork add kuryr-lib to the requirements.

Regards,

Toni