[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] When to purge the DB, and when not to purge the DB?

Jesse Pretorius Jesse.Pretorius at rackspace.co.uk
Fri Jul 1 09:42:28 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

In a recent conversation on the Operators list [1] there was a discussion about purging archived data in the database. It would seem to me an important step in maintaining an environment which should be done from time to time and perhaps at the very least prior to a major upgrade.

What’re the thoughts on how often this should be done? Should we include it as an opt-in step, or an opt-out step?

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-operators/2016-June/010813.html

—
Jesse Pretorius
IRC: odyssey4me
<http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-operators/2016-June/010813.html>

Rackspace Limited is a company registered in England & Wales (company registered number 03897010) whose registered office is at 5 Millington Road, Hyde Park Hayes, Middlesex UB3 4AZ. Rackspace Limited privacy policy can be viewed at www.rackspace.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy - This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information intended for the recipient. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse at rackspace.com and delete the original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.