[openstack-dev] [neutron] ARP responder for VLAN network?

zhi changzhi1990 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 02:30:01 UTC 2016

hi, all.

    As we all know, for vxlan networks, ovs bridge "br-tun" are treated ARP
responder. L2 agent add ARP response flows into that bridge. So that we can
save ARP traffic in physical network.

    But, what about vlan networks? I created two vms in one vlan network
and the same subnet. I can catch ARP request & reply packages in physical
ethernets when ping one vm from another. And I set arp_responder=True in
both compute nodes in neutron configuration file.

    Can we treated physical ovs bridge as ARP responder? Just like the
behavior of br-tun?

    Hope for your reply ;-)

Thanks
Zhi Chang