[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible][designate] : Ansible Designate Role : NoEndpointFound error

Sharma Swati6 sharma.swati6 at tcs.com
Fri Jan 29 12:11:22 UTC 2016

 Hi Venkata,

Thanks for your prompt response.

We are using designate 1.5.0

>From the below links, I have added the code from https://review.openstack.org/#/c/199067/1/designateclient/shell.py as well.

Also, in the link --publicurl is mentioned as  http://controller.dmgweb.es:9001/v1 . But, soemwhere else I read it should be without versions. So when I do endpoint-list, I see publicurl in my system as http://10.16.34.6:9001/

I still get the error  "ERROR: No endpoint was found. Missing credentials?"

My openrc content is as follows-

export LC_ALL=C

# COMMON CINDER ENVS
export CINDER_ENDPOINT_TYPE=internalURL

# COMMON NOVA ENVS
export NOVA_ENDPOINT_TYPE=internalURL

# COMMON OPENSTACK ENVS
export OS_ENDPOINT_TYPE=internalURL
export OS_USERNAME=admin
export OS_PASSWORD=vK26yJAtoS9gCR0tjjoFHFx9iudUjVDr
export OS_PROJECT_NAME=admin
# NOTE(sigmavirus24): The tenant name setting should be removed when
# python-cinderclient stops checking for it and failing if it doesn't exist.
export OS_TENANT_NAME=admin
export OS_AUTH_URL=http://10.16.34.6:5000/v3
export OS_NO_CACHE=1
export OS_USER_DOMAIN_NAME=Default
export OS_PROJECT_DOMAIN_NAME=Default

# For openstackclient
export OS_IDENTITY_API_VERSION=3
export OS_AUTH_VERSION=3

Thanks & Regards
 Swati Sharma
 System Engineer
 Tata Consultancy Services
 Ground to 8th Floors, Building No. 1 & 2,
 Skyview Corporate Park, Sector 74A,NH 8
 Gurgaon - 122 004,Haryana
 India
 Cell:- +91-9717238784
 Mailto: sharma.swati6 at tcs.com
 Website: http://www.tcs.com

Swati,

It seems this is a known issue with keystone tool when there are changes to it. Have a look at below links for your problem to resolve temporarily ie., set endpoint for –os-endpoint :

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-dns/%23openstack-dns.2015-06-17.log.html
https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-designateclient/+bug/1415560
https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-designateclient/+bug/1466265

Try it out..