[openstack-dev] [bug-smash] Global OpenStack Bug Smash Mitaka

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Jan 29 14:43:50 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Wang, Shane's message of 2016-01-28 09:11:36 +0000:
> Save the Date:
> Global OpenStack Bug Smash
> Wednesday-Friday, March 2-4, 2016
> RSVP by Friday, February 19
>
> How can you help make the OpenStack Mitaka release stable and bug-free while having fun with your peers? Join Intel, Rackspace, Mirantis, IBM, HP, Huawei, CESI and others in a global bug smash across four continents as we work together. Then, join us later in April in Austin, Texas, U.S.A. at the OpenStack Summit to get re-acquainted & celebrate our accomplishments!
>
> OUR GOAL
> Our key goal is to collaborate round-the-clock and around the world to fix as many bugs as possible across the wide range of OpenStack projects. In the process, we'll also help onboard and grow the number of OpenStack developers, and increase our collective knowledge of OpenStack tools and processes. To ease collaboration among all of the participants and ensure that core reviews can be conducted promptly, we will use the IRC channel, the mailing list, and Gerrit and enlist core reviewers in the event.
>
> GET INVOLVED
> Simply choose a place near you-and register by Friday, February 19. Registration is free, and we encourage you to invite others who may be interested.
>
> *       Australia
> *       China
> *       India   *       Russia
> *       United Kingdom
> *       United States
>
> Visit the link below for additional details:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/OpenStack-Bug-Smash-Mitaka
>
> Come make the Mitaka release a grand success through your contributions, and ease the journey for newcomers!
>
> Regards.

I know there is quite a lot of concern in the community about this
event being scheduled for the same dates as our feature freeze and
the Mitaka 3 milestone. I am working with the organizers to try to
reschedule. We will post more info here when we have it.

Doug