[openstack-dev] [stable][ceilometer][all] stable/kilo 2015.1.3 delayed

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Fri Jan 29 14:14:48 UTC 2016

On 28/01/2016 3:37 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2016-01-28 19:40:20 +0000 (+0000), Dave Walker wrote:
> [...]
>> However, pip 8 was released around the same time as the tarballs were
>> attempted to be generated.  Most of the projects are OK with this, but
>> ceilometer declares pbr!=0.7,<1.0,>=0.6 and then forces an update via
>> tox.
> [...]
>
> More to the point, the latest pbr matching that requirement (0.11.1)
> declares an unversioned dependency on pip in its requirements.txt,
> so ceilometer 2015.1.2's tox.ini is effectively forcing pip to
> upgrade itself to latest (8.x) release which no longer supports a
> command line option the tox.ini is also configured to add
> (--download-cache), making the sdist unbuildable via tox at that
> tagged point in the ceilometer repository.
trying to understand the situation here. isn't this all managed by
global-reqs? an incompatible pip and pbr were release so now we can't
build? were we the only project using downloadcache (i don't recall us
doing anything unique in our tox file)?

i would prefer a release to be made as there was a performance backport
made. what is the effort required to push tarball generated outside of
jenkins? any drawbacks? do we have numbers on how often stable releases
are picked up by users?

cheers,

--
gord