[openstack-dev] [oslo][oslo.versionedobjects] Is it possible to make changes to oslo repos?

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Thu Jan 28 22:04:05 UTC 2016

Ryan Rossiter wrote:

> As the-guy-in-nova-that-does-this-a-bunch, I’ve pushed a bunch of changes to nova because we didn’t have them yet in o.vo, and once they get released, I “re-sync” them back to nova to use the o.vo version, see:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/272641/
> https://github.com/openstack/oslo.versionedobjects/commit/442ddcaeab0184268ff987d4ff1bf0f95dd87f2e
> https://github.com/openstack/oslo.versionedobjects/commit/b8818720862490c31a412e6cf6abf1962fd7a2b0
> https://github.com/openstack/oslo.versionedobjects/commit/cb898f382e9a22dc9dcbc2de753d37b1b107176d
>
> I don’t find it all that terrible, but maybe that’s because I’m only watching it in one project.

Just out of curiosity but is this due to o.vo not merging reviews fast
enough? Not releasing fast enough? A desire to experiment/prove out the
additions in nova before moving to o.vo? Or something else?

 From my point of view it feels odd to have a upstream (o.vo) and a
downstream (nova) where the downstream in a way carries 'patches' on-top
of o.vo when both o.vo and nova are in the same ecosystem (openstack).